is currently looking for a Test Manager
. In this position you will manage a team of engineers and technicians, both direct reports and off-shore contractors, to provide Software Assurance services for global rail and mass transit projects. This position is expected to provide both leadership and management of all assigned duties.
Having exceptional communication and leadership skills are a must!IQ Inc.
is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. We partner with innovative industries throughout the United States to create and enhance life-changing technologies. At IQ we are passionate about the growth and development of our people, our clients, and our community.In this position you will be:
Responsible for assigning staff to projects and assuring associates perform to expectations in support of assigned activities. This includes:
Responsible for the development, execution and improvement of assigned processes and practices. This includes:
- Managing the development of department associates to assure they have the skills needed to support assigned projects and objectives
- Tracking department activities to assure they are completed in a timely and quality manner to support project objectives including project budget and schedule
- Managing all suppliers who are assisting with testing and Assurance activities
- Coaching and mentoring assigned staff supporting their growth and development
- Assuring all teams are appropriately staffed
Required Skills & Experience:
- Leading the development of the strategy for current and future Software Assurance activities
- Working with Software Assurance leads to define assurance and test strategies, plans and time tables
- Assuring related project risks are identified and addressed with project leadership (including mitigation strategies)
- Coordinating processes and activities across all teams (Project, Scrum, V&V, etc.) so we have a consistent strategy, test standards, processes, quality and consistency of verification
- Collaborating with other managers to identify opportunities for improving assurance and development practices while reducing costs and time to market
- Identifying and implementing new and/or improved testing methods and practices, including automation
- Collecting, analyzing and publishing metrics associated with department and project assurance activities
Great to Haves:
- Minimum of 7 years of software quality assurance experience, to include a minimum of 3 years in a lead role or management position
- Must possesses working knowledge of structured engineering development and Software Quality Assurance practices including requirements generation, design reviews, verification processes, engineering documentation and configuration management
- Strong understanding of different software development life cycles (waterfall, iterative, agile, etc.) and contemporary software quality tools
- Experience working in a project based environment
- Must have high degree of flexibility and high comfort level while working on many tasks in parallel
- Success in this job will depend critically on working well with others both within the group and in other areas, strong communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Bachelor's Degree
Candidates must possess strong leadership skills that inspire confidence and respect. They must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability.
- Experience in managing and working with distributed team members in a global environment
- Experience with implementation and administration of Software Quality Assurance metrics
- Previous work experience in Linux, VMS, or windows in a highly networked environment desired
- Experience with software security and risk assessment and mitigation desired
- Experience with development of test case automation
- Working knowledge or Program Management methods and practices including resource planning, scheduling and project controlling
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States, however, we are not able to sponsor visas.
IQ Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IQ Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
IQ Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IQ Inc.’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.