is looking for a talented Software Architect
to lead the development of a complex, safety-critical transportation system. This is a greenfield development opportunity where you can help create the next generation of freight dispatching and control software. The tech stack has been chosen, but we need a talented architect to help guide and oversee the development of the system. The new system you help design will play a critical role in ensuring that over 84,000 rail cars arrive at their destinations safely and efficiently.
Candidates for this position enjoy implementing the technical roadmap/vision for projects, while upholding the overall integrity of the system. They also have experience leading technical briefing and design meetings with internal and external stakeholders. Participation in setting project schedules and budget milestones for a subsystem(s) or for an entire project is just one of the many engagements that this candidate appreciates! Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- 10+ years of Software Development experience using object oriented languages
- Experience making architectural decisions of a large-scale system
- Expert level Java programming skills
- Experience with Microservices, Restful Web Services, REST APIs, and technologies such as Spring, Spring Boot
- Understanding of relational databases
- Experience with web technologies; specifically Angular 2+
- Understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
- Experience with continuous integration, containerization, and DevOps best practices
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development and Automated Test Frameworks
- Experience with message brokers (e.g., IBM MQ/ActiveMQ/RabbitMQ)
- Experience in version control (Git, RTC, SVN)
- Strong diagnostic and analytical skills
- Bachelor's Degree
We work in an Agile environment where leadership
and communication skills
are imperative. This type of environment requires the ability to adapt quickly to changes and communicate clearly.
*This position is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and you would need to live in Pittsburgh. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
IQ Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IQ Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
IQ Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IQ Inc.'s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.