is looking for a Principal Software Engineer
to lead the design, development, and implementation of Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) across web, mobile, data and cloud. Ideal candidates will have a combination of consulting, solutions architecture, data analytics, and core engineering expertise to create beautiful, state of the art products. Interfacing with clients, developing talent, and working with diverse client backgrounds and industries will all be part of your daily activities.
This role involves significant travel to client sites, at times globally. The amount is dependent on client needs and the nature of projects. In this role you will:
Some of the "must-haves" include:
- Design digital apps, APIs, and data solutions, as well as research and prototype new technologies
- Provide expertise in key aspects of software engineering such as architecture, security, scalability, performance, and usability
- Lead ideation, demonstrate work to stakeholders, transfer knowledge and product support to client teams
- Assist with business development through writing proposals, scoping projects
- Contribute to leadership through written publications and speaking at events and conferences
And some of the "nice-to-haves":
- 10+ years of professional software development experience
- Technical project leadership, with specific focus on systems thinking and Agile methods and principles
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical skills, combined with intellectual curiosity
- Experience leading groups of engineers, evaluating performance, and providing feedback
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience
What to include on your resume:
- Scripting and object-oriented languages such as Java, Python, and C#
- Web services and message formats such as JSON, XML
- Cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure as well as managed services on those platforms such as Beanstalk, Lambda, etc.
- Mobile languages and frameworks such as Objective-C, ReactNative, and Java
- Relational and noSQL databases
- Emerging technology like AR/VR, IIoT, AI, Blockchain.
- Data science and visualization applications such as Hadoop, Databricks, Spark, d3.js
A link to your portfolio/Git repository that demonstrates your affinity for software engineering and shows how you approach digital challenges Candidates must reside in or relocate to:
Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, LA, Miami, Silicon Valley, NY, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington DC
IQ Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IQ Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
IQ Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IQ Inc.’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.