is looking for an experienced IT Project Manager
who is proactive, assertive, and a great communicator. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of managing all phases of IT service delivery throughout the SDLC process.
They are results-oriented and will work to ensure successful, on time, on budget, delivery of each project. Through their work they will build effective relationships with the stakeholders and teams they collaborate with.
- Responsible for providing technical project planning, management, and oversight for key initiatives and implementation projects
- Leads and manages IT project/program initiatives
- Acts as a project management technical lead and is responsible for working with all business functional areas to deliver technical solutions in the form of new and application enhancements
- Manages all phases of IT service delivery throughout the SDLC of each department/program including: planning and requirements, design and development, testing and training, and deployment of solution… all while managing risk to their stakeholders and executive leadership
- Remain accountable for all aspects of project management that includes but not limited to project planning, scheduling, risk management, scope management, internal and external communications, status reporting, and resource management (internal and partners)
- From time to time act as the Scrum Master on IT projects. The role will ensure s/he is serving the scrum team and helping to remove impediments, protecting the Team from outside interference, and adopting Agile development practices. The Scrum Master is expected to educate and guide our Product Owner and Scrum Team.
When in the Scrum Master Role you will:
- 5-7+ years of Technical Project Manager experience with gradually increasing responsibilities and a demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, products, and tools
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams and interact with all levels of business
- Manages and can appropriately escalate: delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes associated to the product development initiatives
- Analysis, planning, gathering IT requirement documents, coordinating the planning/development of functional architectures/specs, and other related management and technical duties
- Assigns and monitors work of technical personnel, ensuring that project steps are in alignment with business objectives, on-time and within budget
- Defines roles and responsibilities in collaboration with stakeholders and business partners
- Acquires, manages budget, staff, and other resources necessary to accomplish the goals and/or objectives of the project group/function and monitors performance across resource channels
- Establishes, plans, and executes major milestone reviews and decision gates to complete the project life cycle
- Manage scope throughout the project duration
- Manages and tracks team velocity, financials, and other KPIs as applicable in relation to the plan and stakeholder status reports
- Possesses high level understanding in the areas of web application programming, API, data analytics, database, and infrastructure
- Provide process improvement recommendations based on best practices and industry standards
- Resolves conflicts by demonstrating leadership and appropriate decision-making competencies
We also need someone who has a positive attitude, analytical thinker, motivated by working as part of a terrific team, and is great with people.
- Scrum Master role is responsible to facilitate daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings
- Scrum Master should have knowledge about Agile techniques like: User Stories, Continuous Integration, Automated Testing, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
- Scrum Master should have knowledge of agile methodology/framework and have basic knowledge of software development processes/procedures to understand s/he team needs
IQ Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IQ Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
IQ Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IQ Inc.’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.