We are looking for an IT Hardware Design Engineer
who will help to lay out hardware designs for large scale projects, create hardware design documents, identify potential risks, work with vendors, and provide expertise to the team. You will play an integral part in the success of projects that deliver IT infrastructure including; computer, telecommunications, networking, data center, security, voice, and data communications!
Additional responsibilities include:
Skills & Experience:
- Assist with or lead in the development of bid estimates and schedules for hardware to meet customer requirements
- Collaborate during project meetings with appropriate personnel to support completion of tasks to plan
- Effectively communicate project statuses and propose risk mitigations
- Escalate issues, impacts of issues and recommend solutions to Functional Manager for resolution
- Review (check) of team’s documents and drawings
- Ensure the functional analysis of V&V feedback and site tests
- Participate in or lead reviews to detect design errors, process and tool inefficiencies, and put in place corrective and improvement actions
- Ensure design compliance through requirements traceability
- Produce functional design documentation
- Apply industry standards and company standard solutions
- 3+ years of IT hardware experience for intermediate level; 15+ years for Principal level
- Understanding of COTS products and technologies; servers, hardware racks, monitors, workstations, overview displays
- Demonstrated team leadership with excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Exceptional problem solving, planning, and analytical skills
- Experience with project management principles and methodologies
- Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications / University Degree or equivalent technical background
IQ Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IQ Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
IQ Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IQ Inc.'s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.