We are looking for an experienced Hardware Design Engineer.
In this role you will be responsible for laying out hardware design for large scale projects, creating hardware design documents, identifying potential risks, working with vendors, and providing expertise to the team. What you will do:
You will lead projects that deliver IT infrastructure including; computer, telecommunications, networking, data center, security, voice, and data communications!
Skills & Experience:
- Lead and develop bid estimates and schedules for hardware to meet customer requirements
- Lead project meetings with appropriate personnel to support completion of tasks to plan
- Effectively communicates project status, proposes risk mitigation
- Leads the prompt escalation of issues, impacts of issues and recommendations / solutions to Functional Manager for resolution
- Review (check) of team’s documents and drawings
- Guarantee the functional analysis of V&V feedback and site tests
- Participate in or lead reviews to detect design errors, process and tool inefficiencies, and putting in place corrective and improvement actions
- Ensuring design compliance through requirements traceability
- Responsible for producing functional design documentation including system requirements and architecture, interface control, scheme plans, control tables, block design, and analyses as appropriate
- Apply industry standards and company standard solutions
- 3+ years of IT hardware experience for intermediate level; 15+ years for Principal level
- SANs experience
- Demonstrated Team leadership
- Problem solving, planning and analytical skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, excellent communication skills (oral and written), active listening and adapts well to target audience
- Experience with project management principles and methodologies
- Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications / University Degree or Equivalent Technical Background
IQ Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IQ Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
IQ Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IQ Inc.'s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.