is currently seeking an Embedded Software Engineer
will write, modify, and debug embedded software for client applications. In this role
you will work within an agile environment and effectively interact with fellow engineers and customers
to gather inputs for producing appropriate software designs and implementations.
is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. We partner with innovative industries throughout the United States to create and enhance life-changing technologies. At IQ we are passionate about the growth and development of our people, our clients, and our community. Responsibilities Include:
Some of the skills that will make you a great candidate include:
- Works within the team to build product deliverables based on overall architecture direction
- Works closely with business stakeholders to understand business requirements
- Works in an agile environment implementing software for specific requirements
- Develops clear and readable code
- Creates unit, functional, and integration testing environments or components and root cause analyses (replicate, debug) for simple to moderately complex features
- Meets the ‘Definition of Done’ and promotes coding standards
- Participates in team retrospectives to improve the software development process
- Works on business-critical products that operate with high reliability and are distributed nationwide to many clients
- Troubleshoots problems with existing or newly-developed software
- 3+ years experience using C++ programming
- Embedded C++ software design engineer
- Knowledge of robotics
- Highly motivated
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with machine automation
- Experience developing software in a regulated industry
- Experience with low-level embedded systems and “bare metal” coding
- Experience with cross-functional engineering teams
- Familiar with Agile practices
The software architecture is component-based, using modern C++
features.We have some of the best employees who want to change the world through technology and community involvement so a positive, team player attitude is a must. If that sounds like you, then you should apply!
*This position is located in Pittsburgh, PA. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
IQ Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IQ Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
IQ Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IQ Inc.'s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.