We are looking for a Database Administrator to be responsible for the technical aspects of a project(s) for Database development design, integration, testing, documentation and maintenance of systems. What you will do:
Required Skills and Expertise:
- Oversee that consistent database design, installation, and configuration standards are applied across projects, for both internal and external customers, to meet requirements for development, test, and production environments
- Responsible for leading and developing proposal estimates and schedule
- Identify development needs based on customer requirements and identifies gaps in current product
- Participate in the preparation of presentations to customers
*This position is located in Pittsburgh, PA. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
- 3+ years of professional experience in Database Administration (intermediate level) OR 7+ years of professional experience in Database Administration (senior level)
- Great communication and leadership skills
- Experience in Oracle or experience with MariaDB and willing to learn Oracle
- Ability to develop large upgrade plans and follow through on database upgrades
- Ability to configure and ensure backups are done on a regular basis; test the restore strategy to verify the backups are valid; document all steps that are needed and any additional processes that are required
- Proven experience monitoring and tuning database performance, provide guidance with tuning application and queries
- Ability to create, modify, and maintain database objects and storage
- Ability to create and manage security and user access to the databases
IQ Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IQ Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
IQ Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IQ Inc.'s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.