IQ Inc. is currently looking for a Commissioning Engineer who is looking for global adventure. This might be a great role for you if you love an environment in which the unexpected can happen and no two days are the same. And while flexibility in an ever-changing situation is a must, you will always have the support of a team.
In this Field Service Engineering type role, you will be responsible for the planning and execution of testing and commissioning activities of a massive system that includes software, hardware, and transportation infrastructure. Your involvement begins with the end of the installation process through the start of operation. You will be working at sites around the globe with a team of people including client personnel as well as your colleagues. It can be a high-pressure environment, but it is also a highly satisfying role to be part of ensuring systems work together after years of being built separately.
Here are some of the skills or working knowledge that will make you successful in this job! An understanding of all is not required, as long as you are open and eager to learn in this role!
• Working knowledge of the Linux or UNIX operating system
• Working knowledge of switches, routers and servers
• Working knowledge of Windows Server and working with server applications
• Understanding of software programming logic
• Ability to read, understand, and implement scripts written in various scripting languages (BASH, python, Perl)
• Experience and knowledge of implementation engineering processes covering testing and commissioning
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but relevant experience will be taken into consideration
More details about the responsibilities of this role:
• Conduct all testing and commissioning activities in full compliance with company standards, contract requirements, project schedule, approved test procedures, quality, safety, and environmental objectives
• Create and issue test documentation and reports
• Manage the configuration of documentation, HW and SW in the field
• Perform troubleshooting, identification and resolution of system and subsystem issues and when required escalate issues to engineering and management
This position will include a significant amount of travel, but between on-site commissioning work your home base will be in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania office.
This is not a 9 – 5:00 job, you’ll need to be open to working at different times of day when on-site.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States, however, we are not able to sponsor visas.
IQ Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IQ Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
IQ Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IQ Inc.’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.